Masters degree in Business Psychology
Learn more about the MS in business psychology and what it can do for your career...
As competition in virtually every field of business continues along an exponential path, the development of a solid understanding of an organization's structure, environment, and marketplace is becoming vital for success.
Masters programs in business psychology have been designed to create professionals who are skilled at assessing the entire business world that either directly or indirectly affects organizations' bottom lines. From the efficiency of the work environment to the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, business psychology is the key to unlocking the mysteries separating a successful organization with a solid connection with customers and clients from a lackluster organization struggling to gain marketshare and meet the expectations of its customers.
What you will learn...
Specifically, a Masters degree program in Business Psychology will provide you with knowledge in most if not all of the following areas:
Masters in Business Psychology Concepts
**After completing the forms, representatives from the above universities will provide you with more information about their Masters degree programs in Business Psychology and about possible future career prospects associated with this degree.
In addition, you should contact schools offering similar programs, such as organizational psychology, to make sure you are embarking in the right educational direction for your career ambitions. Below are a list of schools offering such programs online:
- Walden University
- M.S. in Leadership (specializations in General Management, Entrepreneurship, Human Resources Leadership, Innovation and Technology, Leader Development, Project Management)
- MBA in Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Project Management, Marketing, and Technology
- M.S. in Psychology - Specializations in Leadership Development, Organizational Psychology, Non-profit Management
- Capella University
- M.S. in Psychology - Specialization in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- University of Phoenix
- MBA in Global Management, Health Care Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Public Administration, Technology Management
As stated in a Bureau of Labor and Statistics Current Population Survey from May of 20081:
- The median salary for Management Analysts across the country is $73,570, while the top 10% averaged $133,850!
- Business Operations specialists of various sorts averaged $59,920, while the top 10% averaged $103,250.
- The average salaries of those who hold a Masters degree in 2008 was $1,228/week, while those only holding a Bachelor's degree was $978/week.
In most cases, a Master's degree in Business Psychology will open plenty of career doors. However, some individuals will wish to gain the title of a "Psychologist" such as an Organizational Psychologist. Typically such a title is accompanied by higher pay and more autonomy.
However, in order to gain the designation of "Psychologist", you will need to continue on to complete a doctoral program upon the completion of your Master's degree program in Business Psychology or in a similar field.
Career possibilities for those with a Master's degree in Business Psychology...
- Entrepreneur in virtually any field
- Business Management
- Marketing Positions (Management, Director, etc)
- Leadership Coach
- Management Analyst
- Business Operations Specialists
1 BLS Statistics from 2008