For those who have developed or are open to the development of a relationship with Jesus Christ, a regular counselor is simply not qualified to successfully guide one down the best path toward healing.
Christian counselors understand that one must first be in touch with the desires of God before common counseling techniques and methods can be successful.
Christian counseling degree programs will teach students how to easily meld the teachings of Jesus Christ and contemporary counseling techniques to best be of service to their clients. As a Christian counseling degree holder, you will be able to help your clients develop interpersonal competence, mental stability and spiritual growth.
- Theories and Foundations of Counseling
- Research Methods and Analysis
- Principals and Methods of Counseling
- Counseling and Human Development
- Group Dynamics and Therapy
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Eating Disorders
- Christian Approaches to Life
- Counseling for Later Life
- Stress Management
- Women's Issues
- Counseling for Survivors of Abuse
- Play Therapy
- Divorce Recovery
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy