Nonprofit (non-profit) organizations in every industry are having to tighten their belts and learn how to live in a world less flush with cash. Many see this type of environment as one that is souring the future for organizations who are trying to provide services to their communities. However, some will see our changing economic environment as an opportunity to weed out nonprofit organizations with lackluster management and government-like styles of operation.
As we have seen, a growing government footprint does little to advance our quality of life. In areas where accountability is measured in obscure numbers such as polls and votes, we see our hard earned tax dollars flushed down the toilet. This is something that cannot and will not last. Nonprofit organizations will certainly feel the pinch of shifting sentiment first with increased difficulty in fundraising and more frequently denied grant proposals.
Nonprofit organizations who will be around in the future will be those with exceptional management. They will be the organizations who are taking a page out of the for-profit book to learn how to best connect organizational goals with efficient use of employees, finances and overall operations.
PhD programs in Nonprofit Management prepare students with the knowledge and skills to lead organizations through the murky and often treacherous waters of running nonprofit organizations.
PhD in Non-profit Management Concepts
Specifically, a PhD program in Nonprofit Management will provide you with knowledge in the following areas:
- Design research methods in nonprofit organizations
- Evaluate the impact of social & cultural diversity in nonprofit organizations
- Learn to conncti programs with nonprofit organizations’ missions and operations
- Assess nonprofit organizations’ perfomance, structure, and development
- Effectively communicate the complex issues of managing nonprofit organizations to others
- Transformational leadership concepts
- Psychological principles of human performance
- Legal and ethical issues for nonprofit agencies
- Preparation of grant proposals and fund raising
- Statistics and psychometrics in organizations
- Governance and finance in nonprofit organizations
- Anticipate impacts of industry progression or changes within nonprofit organizations’ fields