Regardless of context, whether it be within families, organizations or communities, arriving where we wish to be in our relationships, business goals or community goals requires the surmounting of obstacles through compromise and skilled communication.
We are a world made up of very different people with differing views. While this fact can make the world an interesting place that offers a variety of rich life experiences, it can also lead to difficult road blocks when trying to work together to progress within our lives or organizations. When differing points of view lead to heated emotions or when business markets change and destroy the viability of business plans, a rational voice coming from someone with highly developed skills in analyzing situations and objectively creating solutions to move forward can be highly valuable.
PhD programs in Conflict Response and Mediation prepare students with the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully help people work through emotional, business and communal crises.
PhD in Conflict Resolution Concepts
Specifically, a PhD program in Conflict Resolution and Mediation will provide you with knowledge in the following areas:
- Effect positive change in families, organizations and communities
- Biological bases of behavior
- Family systems
- Approaches toward interventions within a family
- Adult psychopathology & treatment
- Group counseling & psychotherapy techniques
- Quantitative & qualitative research design and methodology
- Statistics & psychometrics in organizations
- Objective personality assessments
- Organizational consulting (conflict resolution within organizations)
- Understand organizational systems & conflict theories
- Legal & ethical issues in conflict management
- Conflict resolution plan development procedures
- Evaluating conflict resolution processes
Salary Benefits in with PhD in Conflict Resolution
A survey conducted by Bureau of Labor and Statistics in May of 2014 found that across the country Emergency Management Directors averaged a salary of $69,810. The top ten percent earned on an average $116,900. In addition, those who are motivated and who start their own practice/firm will often earn salaries far exceeding the average top 10% number.
Bureau of Labor and Statistics